Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Monday, February 16, 2015

Do YOU Love to Read?

Around here, February is "I Love to Read" month!  Our school challenged teachers to decorate their door with a reading theme.  It was so fun to see what everyone came up with!

For our door, I gave the task to my students.  Someone suggested a Superhero theme, and miraculously, everyone agreed.  I had them make a list of supplies they needed, and I provided them.  They used an image on their iPads and projected it onto the screen to trace the big superheroes.  I am so proud of their teamwork and collaboration!




Here are a few of my favorites from around the building!  :)

Heard of RedBox?  Wouldn't you love a real-life READ-box?

"I Mustache You to Read"- This one has pictures of the kiddos holding their favorite book and a giant mustache.  Cuties!

Awww, one of my favorite childhood books recreated by our speech-language pathologist.  

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a favorite in my class.  Each day, these fourth graders add to their own class diary.  How cute is that?

This teacher brought Elephant and Piggie books to life!


Dr. Seuss was a popular theme for teachers, too.



This one has the kinders' faces in the little flowers in the grass!

The Pre-K kiddos worked hard on their ABC pages for this door.

Yes, those are students holding mini trufflula trees.  Love!


Along with the door decorating, we got to read in our PJ's and counting our reading minutes to earn a pizza partyDoes your school celebrate "I Love to Read" month?  What sort of fun events do you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...