Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Saturday, June 8, 2013

End of the Year Gifts

I am so excited to share with you the gifts I gave my students at the end of the year!


It gave me so much joy when I gave them blankets for Christmas, so I wanted to give them something special to end the year.

First, I found drawstring backpacks here from Oriental Trading.  These were generously paid for by my parents... Thanks Ms. Teresa and Mr. Woodward!  I knew the kids would love having their own backpack that they could use through the summer and into next year.


Then, I used leftover notebooks and wrote each student a personal note inside.  I also included a little baggie of mechanical pencils (I went with mechanical because I couldn't count on the kids having pencil sharpeners at home).

I went to Goodwill and bought each student a book to read.  I made sure it was something they were interested in, and at their reading level.

Lastly, I gave them a stamped and self-addressed envelope, and encouraged them to write me letters.  All they have to do is write the letter, seal it, and put it in the mailbox!


We have only been on summer vacation for two days, and I have already received four letters!  One was even from one of my most difficult students, who struggles with reading and writing.  I am so proud of him that he wrote me a letter!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward

1 comment:

  1. Ellie! This is so cute! I bet they appreciated that so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...