Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Final Product- "The Strong Ant"

I am excited to show you some of the final books we created in our Eric Carle Author Study project!  This was a project we had been working on for about a month before school ended.

If you're new to Miss Woodward's Class, learn about our Author Study here, and our book making here, here, and here.


I laminated the front and back covers, and used the book binder to bind them.  I wanted my students to have a keepsake; something they would have for years.  I wanted them to look back and say, "I made this in third grade!"  Before I gave the books back to the students, I snapped a few photos of my favorite books.

The Strong Ant


"An ant was hungry, so he went to find some food.  He knew that if something is heavy then its bigger."


"He went to find some food.  He found a leaf, the leaf was too light."


"He went on.  He found a bean but it was too light."


"So he went on.  He saw a berry, the berry was too light so he went on."


"Then he found a little orange, but it was still too light."


"After that he found a strawberry, but it was still too light."


"Before he found the heaviest thing, he found a tomato, but the tomato was still too light."


"Finally, he found the biggest thing, it was a pumpkin."


"Then he ate the pumpkin, and the pumpkin was scrumptious."



Don't you just love how it turned out? Stay tuned for two more of my favorites!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...