Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Friday, April 4, 2014

Five for Friday- April 4

It's Friday!  Which means I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!



Here's what happened in Miss Woodward's Class this week:

1.  TpT Conference

Last night, I told you about some exciting news!  I will be going to Las Vegas this summer to attend the Teachers Pay Teachers Conference!  Read all about it here.  I am SOOOO excited!  Anyone else out there going, too?

Click the image to learn more about the conference.


2.  SNOW.

It's snowing right now.  Last night we got like 6 inches, maybe more.  That's all I'm going to say about that.


3.  Awards Assembly

Does your school do any type of Awards assemblies?  Each quarter we all gather in the gym, and teachers give out awards to students who showed exemplary behavior and hard work that quarter.  The awards we give are Perfect Attendance, Principal's List (all A's), Achievement (all A's and B's), Most Improved, and the RHINO award.  

Our school mascot is the Rhino, so the Rhino Award is for students who show any of our five core behaviors:

R- Respect
I will be kind.
H- Help
I will help.
I- Inspire
I will encourage others.
N- Never give up
I will keep trying.
O- Overcome
I CAN do it!


4.  Fact and Opinion Game

Every day for 30 minutes, 3rd grade does SHINE time.  SHINE time is a time for students to work on reading and math skills.  We have all of the 3rd graders divided into five different groups, based on their needs.

My group has been working on fact and opinion, and thanks to my lack of planning, I was scrambling to find something for yesterday's SHINE time during my prep.  Oops!  I went down to our Title I room and found this game to play.


We divided into teams, and it worked perfectly!  The kids were engaged the whole time, and it really helped them practice their fact and opinion skills!


The game is from Lakeshore Learning.  There are TONS of other games like this to practice other reading skills.  If this seems like something you could use in your classroom, check it out here!


5.  Macy's Flower Show

Last weekend, I went to the Macy's Flower Show at the Macy's Store in downtown Minneapolis.  Every year, Bachman's puts on this lovely show of beautiful flowers.  It always puts me in a spring-y mood.   :)   The theme this year was "The Secret Garden".  Check out some of the photos I snapped.






How was your week?  Link up so we can hear all about it!  :)

Until next time,
- Miss Woodward


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...