Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!  
I hope all of the moms out there took some time to enjoy themselves today. 

My students were begging to do a Mother's Day project, so Friday morning, I quick came up with something.  I think it's a mash-up of something I did in elementary school, and something I saw on Pinterest (sorry I'm not sure who to credit for this!).

Friday was such a busy day, that I forgot to take a picture of the final project!


First, they traced a flower pot shape onto brown paper and cut it out.  They glued it to their light blue background paper around the edges, to create a pocket.





Then, they used green paper to create stems and other colors to create flowers.  It was so fun to see the unique flowers they came up with!  The flowers could slide in and out of the flower pot.


Finally, they wrote on their blue background paper, "I love my mom because...." and on each flower stem, they wrote one reason of why they love and appreciate their mom.



They had asked me if they could write their reasons in Hmong (their primary language at home), and I suggested that they write their reasons in English on the front, and if they wanted to do it in Hmong on the back of the stem, they could.




I think their final products turned out great (again, sorry for no picture)!  I hope their moms enjoyed feeling appreciated today!


Until next time,
-Miss Woodward


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...