Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Book Organization

I am so excited to get my classroom library organized!  Last year, some of my books were labeled, and some weren't.  Books were always in the wrong bins.  And, worst of all, my students didn't know how to choose a "just right" book based on their reading level.  So, I decided to change that.  Time to get organized!


Last time I was in my room, I looked online and labeled each book with a sticky note with the Accelerated Reader level.


Today, I organized all the books into piles by level.  I had a pile for Level 1's, Level 2's, etc.  Then I put colored dots on each book.  As you can see, all of my Level 1's are bright green.  It was super quick and easy to then write the level on each colored dot.  (This was also a good time to make sure I had my name written on each book.)


Next, I bought these plastic bins at Target.  They were a little spendy... about $3.00 each.  But I am glad I got them!  They are durable, and I think they will stand up to the wear and tear by my little kiddos.

Right now, I have two for each level- a larger teal one for picture books, and a smaller white one for chapter books.  Once I put all of my books into their appropriate bins, I realized that I need more white bins for chapter books.  Can you see them all stacked up on top of the bin?  Maybe I need to stop buying books for a while...




My next step is to create labels for each bin.  I will let you know when my labels are done and listed in my TpT store!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...