Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Writing Center Bulletin Board

How many of you have a writing center in your classroom?  But you are always hearing from your students, "Miss Woodward, I don't know what to write!"  Well, I found this idea on Pinterest, and I thought it would be perfect for my students!  I modified it to fit my classroom's needs.

My plan for the writing part of Daily 5 is to keep it open for students to write what they'd like.  Occasionally, we will do a more formal writing piece that they can also work on during Daily 5 writing time.

I have to say, it was my first time covering a bulletin board on my own, and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be!  I started by using the previous green paper as a template for my new black paper...


One edge was too wide, so I had to trim.


The other side was too short.  Luckily, my border will cover that bare spot!


I added a glittery silver border...


And voila!  
I used my school's die-cut machine to make the letters.  I printed off some "types of writing" labels and glued them to cardstock.  Each teal piece of cardstock will hold an example of each type of writing.  You can go grab the "types of writing" labels from my TpT store for FREE!


What do you think?  I hope this eliminates some writer's block!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...