Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Monday" Made-It: Play Dough!

I recently read a blog post from Clutter Free Classroom about using play dough on the first day of school.  (Yes, even with third graders.)  I loved the idea so much that I decided to try it for the first day of school!  So.... the night before school started, I was busy making 24 little baggies of play dough for my kiddos.

Read about Clutter Free Classroom's take on play dough here.


If I hadn't run out of salt or cream of tartar, this really wouldn't have taken long at all!  But my extra trip to the store delayed my production time.


I got four small balls of play dough out of one batch.  To speed things up, I doubled the recipe to get eight little balls at a time.  I stored each ball in a plastic zip bag labeled with each student's name.


Pretty soon, I had 24 little baggies of play dough for my students!



Stay tuned for my next post about the first day of school and how the kids responded to the play dough!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...