Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Monday, August 26, 2013

Open House

I have had such a busy few weeks!  Teachers went back to school on August 14th, and since then I have been frantically trying to be ready for the school year.  Ha!  "Ready".... who ever feels ready?

Last Thursday was our school's Open House.  It was so fun to meet a few of my students!  Here is how I set up my room for the event.

On the front white board, I created a "Wish Tree".  Things like disinfecting wipes, kleenex, pencils, hand sanitizer, and white board markers are like gold in any classroom.  On the post-it notes, I wrote an item, and if parents were interested in donating, they could take the post-it with them as a reminder.


I used these magnetic pockets from Lakeshore Learning to hold my important forms.  I had a letter from me (also translated into Hmong), and some school paperwork.


In front of the white board, I placed two student desks.  I had some Jolly Ranchers and stickers out (yep... win them over with candy first), a sign-in sheet, and a 3rd Grade Welcome Packet.


I also had a Student Information Sheet (very similar to the school's, but for my personal records), and a classroom Scavenger Hunt to get the students comfortable looking around the classroom.


It was quite a long day, but it got me really excited for school to start!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...