Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Beginning World Geography

We started our World Geography unit this week, and my kids are loving it so far!

We started by reading the story "This is the Way We Go to School".  It was a great introduction to the unit and how kids around the world get to school differently.  As an introduction activity, I had them do a little bit of writing.

This writing sheet, along with a few other Geography activities will be in my TpT store soon, I promise!


Some of my kids' writing was so cute!


"I wish I could get to school by helicopter, like the kids from Russia, because I can see the school from the sky and see cars and houses and stars."


"I wish I could get to school by helicopter, like the kids from Russia, because its more easy than bus or van and cars."


"I wish I could get to school by ski, like the kids from Norway, because I like to go fast and it is fun to go fast like when we jump and go side by side."


"I wish I could get to school by a motorbike, like the kids from China, because I like to ride a bike and I like bike I like bike because it is fast."


I also gave my students some time to just explore some maps and globes at their tables.  They loved trying to find North America, Minnesota, and Thailand and Laos.  Many of my students' families are from Thailand or Laos, and some of my students were even born there.



I'll update you as the unit goes on!  I'll also update you once I get the Geography activities into my TpT store, too!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...