Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Friday, September 6, 2013

Five for Friday!

Well, we just finished our second week of school, and I am loving every minute of it!

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five exciting things from this week!




1.  We have been working on building our stamina for Read to Self and Work on Writing.  I LOVE how excited they get about writing.  I pretended to hold a remote control and press the "pause" button so they would stop long enough to check-in with me between practices!



2.  We started talking about place value in math.  We made a set of digit cards for each student.  In a little baggie, each student has cards with the digits 0-9.  They have four of each digit, so there is enough to make lots of different numbers.  We used them to create numbers, draw the representation, and write the value of each digit on white boards.  They loved it so much, they actually cheered when I said we would do a few more to practice before snack.  Cheered for place value!  (I love them already.)





3.  We read the story Chrysanthemum, and made this cute craft to go with it.  They counted the letters in their name, and then counted the vowels and consonants.  Some of them had names with 8 letters, which was tricky to fit around the flower!



4.  I got the idea for these Name Rainbows from A Cupcake for the Teacher.  They write their name in the cloud, and describing words on the colored strips of paper.  We first brainstormed a list of describing words, and then the kids made their rainbows.  They look SO cute hanging from the ceiling in the hallway!



5.  No picture for this one, but I am SO enjoying this year so far.  I love my kiddos, love my team, and overall feel more confident this year.  I am looking forward to seeing what this school year brings!  :)


Until next time,
-Miss Woodward



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...