Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Made-It: Birthday Board

Today, I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made-It!


Here's what I recently made!

For my birthday board this year, I wanted something that would take up very little space.  I really liked this birthday board, so I decided to recreate it myself.

I wanted to use the back of a bookshelf for my birthday board.  Here is what I started with:


I drew cupcake wrappers and cupcake tops for each month.  I used a marker to embellish each one a little bit.


I used my school's die-cut machine to cut candles in different colors.  My candles are about four inches tall.


I cut the flames off of the yellow ones...


And glued them on top of each colored candle.

I love this little glue roll!  It comes in handy for so many things. 


Pretty soon I had a bunch of candles!


On the board, each student has a candle with their name and the day of their birthday.  Then I grouped them according to month.  It's a great visual for kids to see which month has the most birthdays and least birthdays.  It also helps me keep track of who has a birthday coming up!


What do you think of the finished product?!



How do you display your class' birthdays?  I would love to hear about it!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...