Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Friday, September 20, 2013

It's Friday!

It's Friday once again!  (Can you believe it??  This week went by so fast!)  Because it's Friday, that means I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!


Here's what happened in Miss Woodward's Class this week:

1.  Word Walls

Typically, I use content-specific word walls.  I have one for math, social studies and science.  But what about those words we use every day that don't really fit into a subject area?  Like sight words?  Well, I decided to dedicate some of my precious bulletin board space to an "Everyday Words" wall.


I created the title to match my teal, black, and white stars theme.  I made the word wall letters myself, and I will be posting those to TpT soon!  Yes, I am missing something... the words!  Those will go up early next week, and we will continue to add to the board as we need to.

2.  Good Friends

Last night, I met with two of my good friends (Hey, Ms. Boos and Mrs. Elbert!) to catch up and have a few laughs.  We got frozen yogurt and it was so nice to connect with them before Ms. Boos gets married next week!   :)

3.  Exhaustion...

This is the first week where I have felt super tired and in need of a weekend to recharge.  I have had something planned after school every day this week, so I haven't really had a night to relax.  I am SO looking forward to this weekend!

4.  Take a Break

In regards to my post a few days ago about Take a Break and how it didn't get used the first day:  It has been used quite a bit this week.  Read about my Take a Break area here.





5.  Special Visitor

Today, we had a special visitor.  My brother came in to visit my class!  He has never been to my school before, so it was SO fun to show him around and introduce him to my kids.  I think he enjoyed it!  The kids LOVED him.  Before he left, I said, "Do you have any more questions for him?" and one girl raised her hand and said, "Can we give him a hug?" He said okay so I let each of them give him a hug or fist-bump.  He was laughing at some of the hugs and how shy the kids were.  :)  





I would love to hear about your week!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward




7 comments:

  1. I have never used a word wall before...my sight words and just a big mess! I hope you can rest and relax soon. I am now on our term break for 2 weeks so I am looking forward to doing some relaxing myself!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brooke! Thanks for the comment! I am not sure how effective word walls are, but I like using them to display all of the content-specific words we've used throughout the year. Enjoy your 2 week break! I'm jealous!

      If you like what you read, I'd love for you to become a follower!
      Ellie
      Miss Woodward's Class

      Delete
  2. I agree with the weekend! My back actually hurts today! :( Hope it goes very slow and Monday stays a long way off! haha

    sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sarah! Thanks for the comment! I took a nice hot shower last night and ended up sleeping for almost 12 hours! Enjoy your weekend!

      If you like what you read, I'd love for you to become a follower!
      Ellie
      Miss Woodward's Class

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday! I'm a new follower...you have a great blog and lots of great ideas! I love how your brother came to visit. The kids probably felt so special!

    Have a relaxing weekend!
    Meredith
    1, 2, Eyes On You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Meredith! Thanks for following! The kids LOVE having visitors! I hope my brother will come back sometime! Have a great weekend!

      Ellie
      Miss Woodward's Class

      Delete
  4. I love content word walls! I need to update my math one currently!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...